home about contact

Sunday 11 March 2012

Sunday Gossips ♥


♥ I thought I'd do a little update on everything I've done in the last week....including this really fun web cam website that created the photo above, found here. So last Sunday I arrived back in Lancashire after an amazing weekend in London. I went to see the ballet of Romeo and Juliet at The Royal Opera House, and was literally blown away. It was the first time I'd seen the ballet, and thought it was just beautiful. I then went for afternoon tea on Oxford Street, and eat a few too many cakes and finger sandwiches. I also made sure that I managed a few cheeky hours in Topshop too, where I purchased the blue and brown polka dot dress which I have been obsessing over for ages.

♥ I then returned to work on the Monday, well it's actually a university placement, but it lasts six months, so it's very full on. I actually find that I really enjoy having routine...although telling people that I can't come out on a work night is not fun. I'm getting used to being in the big world though. Graduation is nearing, so I've started applying for jobs. The whole process is very scary, but it's going to be lovely to have some money.

♥ If you follow me on Twitter then you'll know I've been very upset about my nails recently...very trivial, but having stained nails is not fun. My addiction to dark nail polishes has literally stained them bright orange! I've let them go natural for the last few days, but they seem to be just as yucky looking, so I've given in and put a light polish on. I've learnt my lesson though and will never forget to put a base coat on!

♥ I've been doing lots of vintage shopping this week in preparation for my birthday party in a few weeks. The theme is 1940's, so I've bought this lovely vintage tea dress, a croc, clasp bag and little shoes. I've bought so much bunting that nobody will be able to see the ceilings, and  have gotten all of my cake stands out. I'm so excited, and will be sure to post lots of photos.

♥ I'm having a very relaxing day today. Just off for coffee with a friend, something we do every Sunday. Hope  you're having a lovely weekend!

12 comments:

  1. I never put a base coat on...perhaps I need to start! I really want to see R&J too, just need to find the time xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely start...you don't want nails like mine! They were bright orange, oops!xx

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the rest of your placement! I never did them at uni but really wish I did for the experience

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww best of luck hun! And yes basecoat is always essential!!

    Didn't know u were on twitter - I had to Change my account btw...

    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had you on Twitter:) What's your twitter name? Can't seem to find your new one? xx

      Delete
  4. Glad you're enjoying your placement! I have been offered a full time position at another marketing agency and started there last Thursday. (I'm going to write a blog post about it soon - if I remember!) Clearly placements are the way to go and I really hope yours helps with your applications.

    Can't wait to hear more about your birthday party, sounds great fun! My boyfriends mom got me a couple of cake stands and I can't wait to use them!

    Laura x
    http://firstclassramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on being offered a full time position! I definitely think placements help when applying for jobs...employers always seem really interested by them.

      I have so many cake stands....I just love them! You'll have to take some photos of yours:) xx

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your placement and job hunt! I know exactly what you mean, as much as I enjoy uni I would love to just have some spending money and be able to come home at the end of the day and not have to think about essays!
    A 1940s themed party sounds amazing, can't wait to see the photos!

    Gillian x
    elevatormusik

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool photo affect, the 1940's themed sounds ace !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the same trouble with stained nails a while ago! Used a really bright green polish and my nails were yellow for weeks after, yuk! Base coat is a must.

    lazy2lovely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.