home about contact

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Vibram Five Fingers? No, me neither.

For a while now, I've been thinking about running. I am terrible at all sports...actually, that's a lie, I just don't like doing it. A fitness DVD yes, but running outside, no, no, no. I thought it would be great to get out and run, but in all honestly, I don't even own a pair of trainers. I know, crazy. Whilst looking for a good pair, I found that celebrities seem to be going wild for something called Vibram Five Fingers. They look ugly, but apparently they are brilliant. Scarlet Johanson, Kate Hudson and Mathew McConaughey are massive fans.
Photos: fitsugar.com
 Yes, they're ugly, but celebrities are such big fans because of their practicality. They're almost like gloves for your fingers! According to Vibram Five Fingers, they can be used for any activity which requires power, agility and balance as well as casual wear and travel. They also stimulate the muscle of the foot better than any other running shoe.
What do you think? Well, if they're alright for the celebrities then maybe they're alright for me! Retailing at £125.00, they must be good. I'm not really a fan of trainers, so I think these may work best for me- half shoe, half trainer!
I'd be really interested to know what you think.
Available from, 

Love, Sophie Olivia x x

9 comments:

  1. not really my sort of thing! And I can't run anyway because otherwise I get dizzy!! :(

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are mental shoes! Don't think I'd like having all my toes separated like that haha

    - Allie x


    Allie UK Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. those shoes are horrible! haha! i think i'll stick to my fitness DVD ;)

    http://scarlet--red.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I'll be buying them anytime soon!

    http://ninety2wo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shoes would absolutely freak me out - I hate anything between my toes :(! But they do sound perfect for you because they aren't really anything like a trainer!

    Fashion Stereotype

    ReplyDelete
  6. As mch as they look like the comfiest shoes ever invented I just don't see myself wearing them, not even at home LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! these are absolutely cute! Being a jogger I should def buy a pair;)

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a massive conflict about these in the physiotherapy world, but one of my friends who runs marathons absolutely swears by them! I must admit, from my own opinion I think they're awesome - The ligaments of our feet are there for a reason, and receive the best support through reinforcement of their use, I reckon, rather than arch support taking the constant weight and transferring the shock absorbancy to higher joints - Not too great!

    http://fridayisforever.blogspot.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really Nice blog on Vibram Five Fingers. I liked your post and also i have bookmarked to come again. thumbs up. keep doing good work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.