home about contact

Sunday 18 December 2011

December Glossybox

 Well, wasn't December's Glossybox a real treat? Firstly, the box is red and shiny...hello, Christmas, and the products were just so good this month. I am more than impressed. I'm at university so my boxes get sent to my home address, so when I started seeing people's reviews, I couldn't wait to come home for Christmas and get mine!


I was happy with every single product besides one...which I thought was pretty terrible. Actually, maybe I'm being too critical, but I just can't think who this product would suit. It was the the Blink and Go Eye shadow and Blush. I don't know where to begin with my dislike for this product. The packaging is awful- black and green? Oh dear. It's so masculine, but also reminds me of the products aimed at teenagers with acne. You know when the products typeface is really OTT and just so out there? It gets worse though. It turns out that it's a compact, again in this ugly black and green colour....

...and the colours? I think the last time I liked these colours was when I was eleven. What I will say, is that the pigmentation was actually really impressive. It's just a shame that I wouldn't wear  a single one of the colours. Same for the blush colours. They again reminded me of when I was small and used to receive free make-up in my magazine -they smelt like plastic and the blush colours were orange. So wrong.

However, I am so happy with the rest of the products. My favourite has to be the Deborah Lippmann nail varnish in Razzle Dazzle. It is just so perfect for Christmas and really pretty!
 I haven't used it, but I can't wait. I love a bit of Christmas sparkle! I was also chuffed to pieces with the Cargo lip gloss in Morocco. It's a shimmery pink colour, but looks lovely and natural on. It managed to stay on my lips for a good hour before it shifted too, so definitely a good'n.
Another gorgeous product is the Ritual Yogi Flow foaming shower gel sensation in Indian Rose and Sweet Almond Oil. Oooo, it just smells delicious! I always worry about using foaming products because I feel they run out quickly, however I used this in the shower last night, and just a small pump of it was more than enough. It just smells gorgeous! It left my skin so lovely and soft.
And finally...
The Bionova Eye Wrinkle Treatment. I probably won't need this product for a few years, but it smells nice and the consistency is lovely and thick. My mum seemed quite excited by it, so I'll be giving it to her to test out for me!

Do you get Glossybox? What did you think of December's box?

Love, Sophie Olivia x x

3 comments:

  1. those eyeshadow colours should go back to the 80s! great review. And I don't believe in glossybox or any of those kinds :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. I've never really thought GlossyBox's were for me but this one is amazing. LOVE that nail varnish, I hope it looks as good on as it does in the bottle.

    Laura x
    http://firstclassramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. how am i just now hearing about this. thanks for sharing, love. I hope you had a fabulous weekend. love to hear what u think of my latest post. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.