home about contact

Wednesday 21 December 2011

Rhianna has, have you?

Minx is the new thing to come on the nail market. Beyonce, Lady Gaga,Katy Perry, Rhianna and Kim Kardashian are massive fans, and the designers of minx, Dawn and Janice, custom design minx nails especially for the stars! Well, you don't have to be a star to get minx....but having minx can make you feel like one. I recently went to get minx done myself at Pretty and Pampered, and am more than happy with the results. There are so many designs to choose from, but I opted for a black and silver polka dot.
Dawn and Janice describe minx-
“Minx is for a person who loves life and enjoys standing out from the crowd. We say that ‘Minx extends fashion to your fingertips,’ and in just a few years we’ve seen Minx become a fashion necessity. Our vision is that the fashion-conscious will not feel their ensemble is complete without their Minx. Minx is such a fun and fashionable product it is hard not to fall in love with the attention you get when wearing it, and if we felt that way, we knew millions of other women would, too!”



 All of my previous nail polish was removed (I have terrible feet and I really should take better care of them!), and the nails were filed. I then selected my chosen design, which was cut to size to suit my toenail. The design is then heated and placed delicately over the toe nail, making sure that that the design is smooth on the nail with no creases. The excess minx from the end of the nail is then removed through filing. This process is then repeated for the rest of the toes.



 I think the results are amazing. They definitely get you noticed. I think I'll have to get them on show a little more, and wear open toe heels this Christmas!

Mix should last around two weeks, and in this time it shouldn't chip. Although heat is used as a way of sealing the minx design, they're waterproof, so going in a hot bath is not a problem. You can remove the minx yourself by leaving the nails under a hair dryer for around twenty seconds. Once soft, the seal is broken and should peal away easily without any damage to your nails. Perfect!
I'm really happy with mine, especially after finding that Rhianna herself is sporting the same minx design I have on my toes. I must have good style...

I'd be really interested to know what you think. Don't forget to take a look at the pretty and pampered facebook to see other minx designs and photos, or to book yourself in for a minx yourself! 

Love, Sophie Olivia x x

11 comments:

  1. I love your toes, they look fab,
    I've still not tried these out yet i really want to though,
    I like the idea of the toes though cause they are meant to last for ages aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails look so cool! Love them!
    Xx s
    www.my-philosophie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look cool, but I'm more of a traditional girl and much rather wear nail varnish! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. just looking at those photos makes me crave a manicure! Looks lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they look pretty and very different from traditional nail painting methods. Looks really good for a party too when you want to get noticed from head to toe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh i've tried nail wraps but didn't know you could have them applied properly! they look ace! finally got around to following your blog jenna@www.pret-a-style.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your toes (the polish I mean)....so cute :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! Especially for a holiday season! Why to wait for Santa's presents when you can treat yourself with something as beautiful as this manicure/pedicure?!:)

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is pretty cool :)
    Nice post :)
    Follow my blog

    http://stokelyrainbow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. nail wraps are so cool, i have 5 packs in my room but i've not tried them out yet! Have a lovely christmas and a happy new year. Enjoy tomorrow! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. super cute. i love it. thanks for sharing, love. i hope you and your family had a truly wonderful weekend. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.