home about contact

Friday 2 March 2012

Oh dear, Glossybox, oooh dear...

I'm really disappointed with Glossybox this month...especially after receiving such an amazing box last month. I'm not sure what I think of Glossybox at the moment, as it always seems so hit and miss. I can imagine ending my subscription and then seeing some amazing posts about the lovely products people have received...oh, such a dilemma!

So my box included:
  •  Becca, Beach Tint Watermelon- Full size £20.00/7ml. Overall, a lovely product, and my favourite item in the box. It smells lovely, is easy to apply to both the lips and cheeks, and stays put for most of the day.
  • Dr Bronner, Lavender Hand Sanitiser- Full size £3.99/59ml. Very generous sample size. Smells lovely, but, well...it's hand sanitiser and I was hoping for a product a little more exciting. I guess it will come in handy.
  • Awapuhi By Paul Mitchel, Wild Ginger Treatment Oil- Full size £25.95/100ml. Another generous sample size, and it appears to be a very good product. I'm yet to try it, but I'm keen to see what it's like.
  • BM Beauty, Pure Mineral Eyeshadow- Full size £7.00/2g- Worst product in the box. It's tiny, so tiny that it makes such a mess when I try to poke my finger in it. I have to be honest and say that purple eye shadow really isn't my thing. Some people received some lovely colours however, so perhaps I was a little unlucky.
  • Como Shambhala, Invigorate Shower Gel- Full size £20.00/300ml. It smells nice, and that's all I can really say. I guess the sample size makes it perfect for travelling purposes, but there's very little I can comment on other than it's shower gel.
I definitely don't feel the box was worth £13. Did you receive a Glossybox this month? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't signed up for Glossybox as I just feel it would be too disappointing each month! Getting the Becca product this month looks good though, pixiwoo always rave about that brand! I'd rather read the reviews on each box then spend the money on something I know I will like!
    abbi,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same about this box, all the products were a bit uninspiring. I've cancelled my subscription as I don't think it's really worth the cost - might as well save my money and buy 1 or 2 full size products that I actually want!

    Gillian x
    elevatormusik.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.