home about contact

Saturday 7 January 2012

Elizabeth Arden Bronze Beauty Boxset

I recently purchased an Elizabeth Arden bronzing set, including a Bronze Beauty bronzer compact, a Pink Clover eye shadow duo, a High Shine Lip Gloss in Berrylicious and a blusher brush. The set is meant to create a beautiful, bronze, goddess look, and let's face it....that is not going to happen naturally with the weather at the moment. I just look so pale, so I thought I needed a little beauty perk to try and make me look bronzed and sunny.


The bronzing powder duo is lovely. As with many bronzer duos, it has a more shimmery, highlighting powder, and then a shimmery bronzer. I absolutely love the compact too. It's quite light, but gives the impression that it's really heavy. I think it looks really glamorous too...especially the gold edges.
The actual powder is a little too shimmery for the day time look, which I was a little disappointed by, so I'd probably wear this on a night out or to give me a little glow if I was on holiday. The powder's quite thick which means you don't have to use much when applied with the Elizabeth Arden blusher brush. It looks lovely on the cheeks though, and on the brow arch. It's quite subtle and not a powder which gives a caked-on appearance. It smells lovely too...

I love the blusher brush...it's perfect. The size makes it perfect to put in your handbag, and it's really light. The actual hair of the brush is so soft, and works really well in blending the powder and giving an even coverage. I've used brushes in the past that don't seem to sweep even amounts of powder on the face, so you're left with what looks like a blob of blusher on your cheek...not a good look!


 The Pink Clover eyeshadow is equally s lovely. I use quite a lot of gold or bronze eye shadows, so this is quite a different colour for me to use. It doesn't actually say how to use the eye shadows in terms of blending, creating a smokey eye or just using individually. I haven't actually used them yet, but I've done a swatch and the colours have a slight shimmer, which I quite like.


I'm a massive fan of this lip gloss. It really is high shine, and perfect for a more glamorous look. It lasts a good two hours before it starts to glide off as well, which really impressed me. It's a dark, shimmery pink in colour, and looks so complimentary when worn with the bronzer....which I guess was Elizabeth Arden's intention.
The best part though, is the price! The box set was purchased from Tkmaxx, and had an RRP of £24.99, which I think is already very cheap; however, the lovely sale had it reduced to £12.00! What a bargain!

4 comments:

  1. that looks so nice! and i love the colour of your nails.

    http://scarletredblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great set for a great price! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your makeup tips- thank you for sharing
    I love brushes too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.