home about contact

Sunday 20 November 2011

eye eye, what's this?

I absolutely love mascara, and I try different ones pretty much every week because I love to experiment with my lashes! Today I woke up looking beyond tired, with just horrible, big bags under my eyes, so my eye makeup routine needed a little more applying than usual. Here's a sneaky peek...




Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place ShadowCreme in 06 Ivory Lace is literally one of my favourite make-up products at the moment. It retailed at £15, and at first I thought this was overly expensive for such a small pot, but I've had it for over four months now and it looks near enough untouched. It's such a beautiful colour, and the best thing is that that it doesn't crease like most creme shadows. It stays in place the whole day. I like to put a few coats of it on in the evening for a more shimmery look, buts it's lovely in the daytime.
I seem to have the worst red eye bags at the moment too, as I'm sure you can see! I have no idea where they came from, but I'm guessing late night dissertation work! I was after a concealer for ages, and had been using a Jelly Pong Pong product which was beyond amazing, but when it ran out I thought I'd try another product, which was L'oreal infallible 16 hours concealer.


It is literally, amazing. The consistency of it is so good. It's thick but not doesn't give that horrible, caked look appearance. It blends lovely, and sits perfectly all day. I like to use it under the arch of my eyebrows too. Retailing at around £8.
I'm also enjoying Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping mascara. I don't tend to use many Revlon products, besides their lovely nail varnishes, and I was quite surprised by this mascara. I wasn't keen at first, but the thick wand is great at creating thick lashes, almost a Twiggy look...not every bodies taste, but I love wow lashes!


...and these are the results. So much better after a bit of magic. My eyes never looked so tired as they did this morning, but hopefully nobody can tell now!

Love, Sophie Olivia x x

4 comments:

  1. holy cow, I seriously need to get this stuff asap. amazing review. thanks, love. I hope you had a fabulous weekend. I've got a new outfit post inspired by Marilyn Monroe. Love to hear what you think. xo

    http://fashboulevard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks really very nice!
    Btw. Im inviting you to my International giveaway where price is bag full of gifts! You can join it here:
    http://cookieswardrobe.blogspot.com/2011/11/second-international-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. i use NYX concealer and think its pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of the mascara!! I'll be keeping that one in mind I think,whats the wand like though?xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.