home about contact

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Swirly Whirlys Tea Shop ♥

I love tea shops, and where I live, they have quite a few. I recently visited one in Nantwich, Cheshire. What made this tea shop so unique, was that it was owned by St Luke's Hospice. Everything you buy in the tea shop is made and served by volunteers, and every penny goes to the charity....so no feeling guilty about ordering that chocolate brownie!
(sorry about photo quality! Photos were taken on my phone!)
I think it has a real Cath Kidston/vintage vibe. I loved the brightly coloured chairs, and the cartoon table tops. It was a lovely place to relax. Drinks and food aren't overly expensive, and I enjoyed a luxury, white hot chocolate for £2.10. I think it's really important to support local businesses and charities, so I'm trying not to spend my money in coffee chains...although this is sometimes hard when in the city!

Have you visited anywhere nice for coffee?

5 comments:

  1. Aah, I love the vintage vibe in this ne! There's only chain stores in my town, boo!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. My office does a lot of work for St Lukes Hospice so I really like them, didn't realise they ran cafes though! White hot chocolate is my favourite, perfect for a lazy morning xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.