home about contact

Sunday 19 February 2012

Let's get rollin'

 I'm having a 1940's themed party for my 22nd next month, and I thought I'd try and create some 40's esq curls with my curlers and some rollers. It was actually quite difficult as my hair is so fine and quite silky.
 I don't own heated rollers so I had to improvise a little, and curled my hair first with a curling tongue. Once the rollers were in place, I blasted my hair with a hot hair dryer, and sprayed a little hairspray to keep everything in place. Don't forget to use a little heat defence spray....I personally like Toni and Guy defence spray as it makes your hair smell so lovely.
 It seemed to work pretty well, but I had great difficulty trying to recreate a 1940's hairstyle as my hair is so fine. I think I'll use a serum next time so I give my hair a little bounce and volume.
 As you can see, it just needs a little more volume at the front where I've pinned the hair back. I'll keep practising, but if you have any ideas then I'd love to know!

14 comments:

  1. love the curls... good job! think the 40s style will suit you! x Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thx for stepping by and ur comment. i love ur culrs. you should use a hair oil e.g. from kérastase elixir kultime its really good for ur hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely have to have a look at that...anything to make my hair less silky! x

      Delete
  3. Aw wow! That's worked so well, I'm so excited! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great blog, beautiful and interesting pictures. I'll be checking back often. I invite you to me, if you feel like you can leave a comment and follow my blog. kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh your hair looks gorgeous! I really want to get into rollers once my hair is a bit longer, I'm also loving your blog and now following :) xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got some rollers but haven't quite worked them out yet so this helped so much :D

    abbi,x
    glam0urtramp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah wow, they did work really well and the kind of curls they gave your hair is very 1940s! Make sure you post pictures of your birthday party! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will. I'm glad you think they look 1940s! Phew x

      Delete
  8. you have lovely hair! it looks really nice styled like that :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair, and yourself, look lovely! I like your take on the classic hair of the 40s. :)

    Thanks for recommending the Toni and Guy heat defence spray, I recently got the Enrapture Curling Iron which is really good but then I realized that I don't have any heat sprays to protect my hair!

    ~Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.