home about contact

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Well, it really is magic indeed...

I recently purchased Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream, and I am amazed. This cream is well known, not just throughout those working in beauty and make-up, but most of us ladies have a cheeky pot ourselves. It retails at £18.99, but I bought mine for £12.99 from TKmaxx, so go and get some whilst you can!
 
 Boots  describe this beauty essential as something that:
"calms and helps relieve chapped, cracked and dry skin. It works efficiently to sooth roughness, redness and minor skin irritations. This award winning cream has also been praised by make-up artists and beauty editors for many years now and no self respecting model would be without this cult product in their make-up bag. First created in 1930 by Elizabeth Arden to soothe skin, Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant became an instant and overwhelming success"

So this little piece of information clearly speaks volumes about this product, and I couldn't agree more.

Well, to get to the not-so-pleasant reason why I bought this product. Now, please don't think of me as some weird human being, but I had a patch of terribly dry skin on my ankle. By terrible, I mean it was like this thick, dry skin covering my ankle. It had been there for years, and there was no reason why as I wasn't wearing shoes that rubbed on my ankles. So anyway, I'd tried many moisturisers and fancy skin creams, and nothing got rid of it....until this little pot of a miracle! I sound like I should be on Embarrassing Bodies...

The appearance of the pot is quite sweet, nothing too fancy. The smell of the cream, I have to admit, is a little potent. It has an almost clinical smell that isn't too pleasant. The actual cream is quite sticky, but applies very easily, and it takes a small amount to spread evenly over a large area. It takes a while to sink it, but the skin is left feeling so soft afterwards. It's taken around six weeks of applying once a day for the skin to finally be smooth again, but this is an amazing result after living with this awful dry skin for years!

Anyway ladies, do buy yourself a pot if you are suffering from dry skin, particularly eczema. A little goes a long way with this cream, so well worth the pennies!

Love, Sophie Olivia x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.